Founded in 2014, CropX Technologies is one of the fastest growing providers of agribusiness farm management solutions in the world, deployed in over 60 countries and across all the arable continents. An ag-analytics company, developing cloud-based software solutions integrated with wireless sensors, boosting crops yield, saving water and energy. It offers advanced adaptive irrigation software service that delivers crop yield increase, and water and energy cost saving services while conserving the environment.
Since early 2020, CropX acquired cloud-based precision irrigation provider US-based CropMetrics and Regen, a New Zealand precision irrigation company. In 2021, CropX acquired Dacom Farm Intelligence, a precision agriculture company based in the Netherlands and precision irrigation startup Tule, its fourth acquisition, in Jan. 2023.
Problem they solve
- Global urbanization between now and 2050 could lead to a net addition of 2.4 billion people to towns and cities. Increased efficiency in the field of agriculture would be the utmost priority to tackling these challenges.
- Between 33% to 50% of all foods produced globally is never eaten, and the value of this wasted food is more than $1 Trillion. Food waste is a massive market inefficiency, the kind of which does not persist in other industries.
Why we believe
- Market Presence: The company has grown rapidly across more than 60 countries, serving over 2,500 paying customers with 15,000+ installations, and over three million acres under management. CropX currently has Sumitomo, NEC, PepsiCo, NASA, Reinke, Aliaxis, and Helm as its customers and partners.
- Acquisition Strategy: CropX is the pioneer of the sector which uses an indirect growth method in a sector where data is of utmost importance and hence many companies tend to fail in the sector. Their acquisition strategy is their USP and has been proven fruitful so far.
- Sustainability: CropX reports 50% water savings, 20% agrochemicals savings and up to 20% yield increase across 80 crop types when using its solution. CropX is leading to 9%-13% less greenhouse gases emissions, having saved an estimated of 1.5 million tons of carbon in 2022.
Want to join us on our mission to fight climate change through Agri-Food revolution and discuss our value proposition?
We know taking the next big step is never easy, but if the goals are mutual, things do fall into place. Let’s discuss your idea!