Aqua-Spark is a global investment holding focused on making a transformational impact on the global aquaculture industry whilst delivering stable/above market returns to investors.
Aqua-Spark is building a large, synergistic demonstration portfolio of 50-60 companies across the value chain that solve some of the industry’s biggest challenges and influencing the way this industry develops.
Problems they solve
- Feeding a global population estimated to reach 9.6 billion by 2050, puts enormous pressure on land and freshwater.
- Capture fisheries are on the verge of collapse due to overfishing, global climate change, ocean acidification, and marine pollution. AquaSpark is focused on growing an aquaculture industry that does not rely on wild-caught fish meal, fish oil or plant-based feed ingredients that need large plots of land, cause deforestation, and use large quantities of water.
- Fish is the only animal protein singled out for its unquestionable human health benefits, containing essential nutrients.
- The growth of aquaculture has come at a high environmental cost. There is an urgent need to ensure that sustainability principles accompany the expected growth in the sector and Aqua-Spark is committed to improve the market access for sustainably produced aquaculture products.
Why we believe
- More than 60 world’s leading experts from the global aquaculture industry Helping to vet and source deals and assist portfolio.
- 21 Portfolio companies with synergies in the value chain.
- A growing network of more than 200 investors from 28 countries Family offices, Fund of Funds, foundations, institutional Investors, and industry corporates.
- All of the world’s top aquaculture universities network.
- Nearly 100 ecosystems and industry partners, from chefs to governments to NGOs to think tanks.
Want to join us on our mission to fight climate change through Agri-Food revolution and discuss our value proposition?
We know taking the next big step is never easy, but if the goals are mutual, things do fall into place. Let’s discuss your idea!