The Alternative Protein fund aims to support companies ranging from an early seed stage to growth stage, with mission to provide sustainable food by replacing the animal protein with alternative solutions in order to meet the demands of future consumption.
This is a large portfolio comprises of many multinational entrepreneurs and investors with a vision to disrupt the food market. The goal is to transform the global food system by investing in solutions that facilitate a sustainable future behavior by reducing the dependency on animal protein products.
Problems they solve
- World population is estimated to be growing to 9,7 Billion in 2050 with increase in demand for protein and sustainable diets.
- According to World Watch, livestock, and their byproducts account for at least 32.000 million tons of CO2 per year, or 51% of all GHG emissions worldwide.
- US Energy Information Administration also has concluded that livestock is responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of Nitrous Oxide.
- Animal based food cause cancer, heart disease and diabetes, contributing to cause of death in 80% of cases.
Why we believe
- Plethora of world renowned and leading experts in the protein sector, working to farm and source deals and assist portfolio.
- Inclusion of successful companies like Oatly, Mosa Meat, Upside Foods, only to name a few, in the portfolio.
- Impact is evaluated for all investments & is a critical part of the value creation.
- Helping and supporting the portfolio companies with their growth strategies by focusing on creating value.
Want to join us on our mission to fight climate change through Agri-Food revolution and discuss our value proposition?
We know taking the next big step is never easy, but if the goals are mutual, things do fall into place. Let’s discuss your idea!